This week Colin, Elliot and Becca deep dive the world of injury prevention with Dynamic Triathlete
extraordinaire, Sarah! Sarah is a triathlete turned ultra marathoner & long distance off road cyclist who, like many, struggled with chronic injuries. She teamed up with fellow endurance junkies in BC Canada and formed the popular injury platform, Dynamic Cyclist, Dynamic Runner, and Dynamic Triathlete. Sarah discusses the benefits of using the app, and success stories from long term members. Elliot and Colin are advocates and members, too! Thanks for joining us Sarah and hope to see you at Ironman Canada in Penticton later this year!
The app is available to all with various membership options - use code PEAK15 for 15% off!
Podcast interview with Sarah from Dynamic Triathletes to discuss injury prevention and mobility training for triathletes.
- Mobility and strength training are critical for injury prevention and performance gains in triathlon.
- Consistency with mobility and strength training is key - doing it daily provides the most benefit.
- Dynamic Triathlete provides customized, easy-to-follow 15-20 minute mobility and strength routines for runners, cyclists and triathletes.
Introducing Dynamic Triathlete
- Sarah provides background on Dynamic Triathlete - it's an app that offers strength training, mobility work, and injury prevention specific for triathletes.
- Goal is to make it easy to fit in daily mobility and strength work.
- Started with Dynamic Cyclist, then Runner, then Triathlete as a natural progression.
Benefits of Mobility and Strength Training
- Critical for injury prevention by addressing muscle imbalances caused by repetitive triathlon training.
- Improves performance by activating and strengthening stabilizer muscles.
- Makes training more enjoyable by reducing pain and chance of injury.
Dynamic Triathlete Program Overview
- Daily stretching routines that combine mobility, flexibility and stability work.
- Additional strength routines 2-3x per week.
- Injury prevention programs that target common issues like knees, hips, etc.
- Focused on quick, easy to follow 15-20 minute routines.
Integrating with Training
- Recommended daily mobility, 2-3x weekly strength.
- Best to separate strength from longer workouts by 6-8 hours.
- Can use strength routine as warmup before shorter sessions.
- Adding training plans for sprint and half iron distances.
- Expanding to target non-athletes who need mobility work.
- Sarah has provided all Peak Triathlon and Age Grouper for Life Listeners a 15% off promo code (Enter PEAK15 at checkout) for Dynamic Triathlete.
- Encourage listeners to prioritize daily mobility work.